Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Faith

Since I missed last weeks blog, I had to think of two ideas that challenged me this week.  Another idea that bothered me this week was my faith.  I have been a Catholic my whole life and I even went to Catholic schools for thirteen years before I came here.  Ever since I came here, my faith has gone down a little bit.  I still believe in the religion, I am just being lazy and not going to the services on Sundays.  A big reason for that is that I dont have my parents here to wake me for mass every Sunday.  I really need to make more of an effort to either get up on Sunday mornings or find a church that offers later mass times.  Im sure that the churches around campus offer services at later times I just havn't made the effort to go to them.  I need to make more of an effort and get reconnected to my faith.

1 comment:

  1. The transition from practicing one’s faith at home to practicing one’s faith on one’s own is a very significant one! There certainly is an aspect of self-discipline involved. There will be no report card that your parents will expect to see at the end of the semester. As mentioned in class, these ‘first order questions’ are not encouraged or promoted by our society, yet they are the most critical issues to address!

    ReplyDelete