Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meet New People

For this weeks post, I went to my sister for advice.  She graduated from here last May and now is in Graduate school and University of Michigan.  I asked her advice about living here and she said the most important thing is to meet as many people as you possibly can and to get as involved as you possibly can.  Now I'm sure that everyone one in this class has heard this but thats probably because it is really important.  I came here with many kids from my high school so it was really easy for me to just call one of them to hang out.  But lately I have really been trying to branch out and meet all of the people on my floor and every one in my dorm hall.  One of the best skills one can learn in college is being able to socialize and get along with people.  It is a little bit of a daunting task when we first get here but I learned quickly that a vast majority of people are very nice and they are trying to get to know people as well. So, go out and meet as many people you can because they probably want to meet you also!!

1 comment:

  1. That is good advice. But why? You say that it is good to develop social skills. Is that the purpose? If so, what will you do in talking with people to develop this skill? Or is there another purpose in meeting people? What are you looking for? What do you want to learn?

    ReplyDelete